Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter


Eggs, candy, and bunnies oh my! It has been a long Easter weekend. Even though its been long I loved every minute of it ( besides my 6hr shift at work on sat). I really love Easter and try and make it as special as possible. Even though I didn't feel like I did it justice this year as I sit here and reflect on the weekend I can honestly say I'm happy with the way it turned out. I'm already thinking of things that I want to do next year :) what can I say I love holidays!! On Saturday we went over to the Pollmann's house who host an Egg Hunt for all the little kids of the Ward. It was so cold but, the kids were so excited to search for eggs they didn't even seem to notice. That evening after I got home from work we colored eggs and made sure the Easter baskets were out so that the Easter Bunny could fill them during church. After the kids were in bed I was able to fill baskets and get the house ready for the next day. I love putting Easter baskets together!if I could do it for a living I would :) Anyway, I knew I needed to make sure the kids knew the true meaning behind Easter so I prepared the "Egg Lesson" (that's what I'm calling) it. On Sunday we went to Church and then headed home to see if the Easter Bunny had arrived. As we drove up, Parkie and Abby spotted eggs in they yard and knew the Easter Bunny had been to their house. They jumped out of the car and started picking up eggs. As Parkie was finding eggs he spotted his Easter basket through the window and ran into the house. They were so excited to see everything the Easter bunny had left them. Parkie put together his tent right away and Abby played solo's for us on her guitar :) While the kids played with their new toys I worked on decorating my lamb cake for dessert. My Grandma Krueger use to make this cake for Easter when I was a kid and as soon as I found the pan in a store I knew I had to carry on that tradition. Abby wanted to help so bad, so I let her help put on the eyes and nose. To finish off our weekend we headed over to Brad's parents for our Easter dinner. I of course had the camera in hand the whole weekend and took lots of pictures. I wish I could post them all but, I'm choosing to post some of the highlights of our weekend. :)















No comments:

Post a Comment