Sunday, March 17, 2013

St. Patrick's Day

March 16th at 7 p.m...Parker.."Mom, isn't it St. Patrick's Day tomorrow?"..Me: " Yes, it is" (not knowing what I'm about to walk myself into). Parker: " I'm so excited for our treasure hunt tomorrow"...Me: "What?"...Parker: " Yea, remember when you did the treasure hunt for us?"..Me: " Yea, but I didn't think you guys liked it so I didn't plan anything this year".....Parker: "Mom, we liked the treasure hunt"........He then went on to explain in detail all the things that were involved in that treasure hunt and how much he really would like to do that again....ughhhh...I started to panic on the inside because I hadn't planned to do anything this year except maybe put them in green. I had just finished up my big Valentines day set up and I sill had Easter to do in two weeks. I thought this year we could pass up Patty's day but, I couldn't let my kids down. So, I hurried to get them into bed and then my brain went on overdrive to figure out what I was going to do. I spent two hours wandering Walmart and finally came up with something that I thought they would be excited about. I started about 11 p.m. and finished around 2 a.m. with Brad's help. I put him in charge of writing 10 clues for their tresure hunt and I worked on everything else. We both weren't feeling good but, we were able to make eachother laugh while setting up which helped us feel less miserable. I didn't realize how trained my children are on holidays. I went downstairs to start breakfast expecting they would follow but, they were waiting upstairs for me me to tell them it was ok to come downstairs..:) I always do that so I have time to grab my camera and make sure it looks perfect before they come down. As soon as I had given them the go-ahead they came down and smiled when they saw the little green footprints..:) I made them rainbow waffles which they remembered from a couple years ago. Abby wasn't too impressed but, Parker talked about how much he liked them even though I know he prefers his Ego waffles over homemade..:) After breakfast they were allowed to start their treasure hunt..:) They giggled and ran as they ran to their next clue..:) After the 9th clue they found their goodie bags under Lilly's crib. Even though I wasn't feeling it this year I'm glad I forced myself to put it all together for them. The smiles and giggles were so worth staying up late for..:)

No comments:

Post a Comment