Monday, September 20, 2010

A short haired cutie in a dress...........

As Parkie and I were eating our dinner he says to me:
Parkie..."Mom, Gus has a girlfriend"
Mom...."really?"
Parkie.. "Yea but, I don't really like her" (insert sigh of relief from Mom thinking he still thinks girls are icky)
Parkie.."I like someone else"
Mom..."Who?"
Parkie.. "I don't know her name"
Mom.."What does she look like?"
Parkie.."She has blonde hair like you" (In my mind I'm thinking of course she does while doing my hair flip) "She has short hair, blue eyes, and wears a dress"
Mom....."Is she in first Grade?" (To most moms this would be an assumption already made, but my son has always had an eye for the older ladies)
Parkie.. "Yea I saw her at lunch and then again at recess"

I couldn't help but sit there and think "this is to early! a week ago he thought girls were icky and now he's stalking a cute little blonde in a dress?!!". As I started to go into a small panic I thought back to when boys started thinking I was cute. I started remembering the little boys chasing me at recess and being so tired from running by the time recess came to and end. This started in first grade and by the time second grade came around I had hired myself a bodyguard to give my little legs a rest. Come to find out he also had a little crush on me but took a different approach........Smart!!

As a Mom I'm finding it so hard to watch my kid's grow up. While you're living in the moment you feel like this stage is gonna last forever but, something small happens and you realize this is but a short time in life.
Well, that was one of the small happenings today along with tantrums, drama, smiles, and singing from Abby. I love you Parkie and Abby!!

Love, Mom

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute story....so sad that I missed that. Lucky you get to have such cute memories.

    ReplyDelete