Friday, May 18, 2012
Abby's Dance Recital
When I had a little girl I couldn't wait to sign her up for ballet. So this year with Abby being 3 I thought she was old enough to comprehend what was going on, so I signed her up. She preferred tap over ballet but, she does ballet all the time at home..? I dunno. Parents were able to come in to watch their child dance the first thurs. of every month. I always enjoyed watching the things she learned over the previous month. One of my other favorite things to do was to dress her up for class. I bought her several outfits so that I had a few to choose from each week...:) At the end of the dance year which was in April they had a dance recital. The overall theme of the show was Happy Feet. They did their routine to the song "Always look on the bright side"...something like that. I had been nervous that Abby wouldn't get on stage so I was relieved to see that when her class came out she was with them. She totally froze and didn't move the whole song..:( She had been so excited to go on stage but, in her little mind she couldn't comprehend what it was all about. I felt so bad for her, she looked so scared. I was relieved when they walked off stage to end her suffering. I didn't think they would bring her back out for the finale with her reaction the first time but, they brought her out and she balled through the whole song. I hurried when it ended to go up and get her to calm her down. Even though she didn't dance she looked adorable...:)
She is the one all the way on the left in the middle row.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment