Monday, May 14, 2012

Lilly Anna Ehlert

Well she's here..:) She's actually been here for 4 weeks now but, I'm just now getting around to blogging about it. Lilly was born on April 15th at 10:58p.m.. The day was pretty uneventful until about 2p.m. I noticed that I was leaking more fluid than normal (tmi?...:)..). I wasn't thinking too much about it until it was noticibly getting worse and then I started feeling contractions with it. I didn't want to rush to the hospital, so we stayed home for awhile so that I could get as far along as I could before I felt it was time to go. Since brad was still unable to drive, my mom drove us to the hospital around 5 something. I checked in and they did their rountine check to see that your water did in fact break. I have been through this with two other children so I knew that my water either had a leak or it did in fact break. They did have to break it completely which is when they noticed that Lilly had pooped ...Alot!..So the NICU team had to be there to take her to hopfully suction her before she started to cry. Lilly was on top of it though, she came out screaming! so they let me see her right away. I was so relieved to finally have the pregnancy and delivery over with and to finally have her here. I know I had 9 months to come up with a name but, the name I had picked was not the name I said in my head when I saw her. I felt very uneasy about the name and had a hard time even calling her by that name. Lilly was a name that I had for a back-up not even thinking I would even have to use it, I had no middle name to go with it. I struggled to make a decision and finally felt at ease about the name we had come up with. She was so perfect and I struggled to keep my eyes off of her. Parkie said it best when he said "Mom, I just can't stop staring at her, she's just so cute!" I agree Parkie..:) Parkie and Abby are smitten with their little sister and love to give her kisses. Abby tries to help a little too much at times but, I know that she's just trying to be the little Mommy. We are so happy to welcome our little Lilly to our family...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment