Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter

I love Easter! Despite being two weeks away from my due date I wanted to make sure I did everything I would normally do. I will admit I did have a breakdown just thinking about all I had to get done and how tired I was feeling. I was able to get it all done and was pretty happy with the way it all turned out. My sister and her family came up the week of Easter so we were able to do a glow in the dark egg hunt for the kids. I think the kids really had a good time so I think it's a keeper for next year..:)My brother Jason ended up coming on Saturday to spend the week with us so he was able to spend Easter with us. On Saturday we had and Egg hunt at a church members house which has become a tradition. On Sunday morning I got up and made breakfast for everyone before church. Since I was dressing my family in purple I couldn't leave Jason out so we found one of Brad's purple ties for him to wear. After church the kids were excited to see that the Easter Bunny had come while they were in church. The first thing they like to do is find all the eggs the Easter Bunny left in the yard for them. Parkie loves searching for eggs so the Easter Bunny left a lot more eggs than he has in the past. Once they are done they go in the house and search for their baskets. The Easter bunny wasn't so creative and basically left them in the same place they were last year but, they didn't seem to mind...:) The kids were able to play with their new toys before we headed off to Grandma's house. We brought over our traditional Lamb cake which is a tribute to my Grandma Krueger who use to make one for each family for Easter. I remember her passing them out and how much I loved them...:) This year brad wanted to play a bit of a joke on his mom so he made the cake on the inside out of red velvet..:) Needless to say she was a bit surprised.Later that night when the kids were ready for bed Abby says in a soft voice "Jesus was in a cave". I looked at her not sure of what she just said so I asked her to repeat it..."Jesus was in a cave". Until that moment I had been feeling a bit guilty about getting wrapped up in some of the commercialism of Easter but, after hearing her say that I knew that she had an idea about what Easter was all about.









































No comments:

Post a Comment